Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Types of front passenger front airbag system
→ Indicator lamp
→ Description and function of the airbag system
→ Front airbags
→ Switching the front passenger front airbag on and off manually using
the key-operated switch
→ Side airbags
→ Curtain airbags
The vehicle is equipped with a front airbag for the driver
and passenger. The front airbags can provide the front seat occupants additional
protection for the chest and head if the seat, the seat belts and the head restraints
and the steering wheel for the driver are adjusted and used correctly. Airbags are
meant only for additional protection. The airbag system is not a substitute for
the seat belts. Seats belts must always be worn, even when the front seats are equipped
Additional information and warnings:
- Child seats (accessories)
- Cleaning and caring for the interior
- Accessories, modifications, repairs and renewal of parts
Never rely on the airbag system exclusively for your protection.
- The airbag has merely a supportive function for your protection, even if
it is triggered.
- The airbag system offers the best levels of protection when seat belts are
properly worn and reduce the risk of injury .
- Before every trip, each vehicle occupant must adopt the correct sitting
position, correctly fasten the seat belt belonging to their seat and keep it
fastened properly throughout the trip. This applies to all vehicle occupants.
The risk of injury is increased if there are any items located between the occupant
and the deployment zone of the airbag. This will impinge on the deployment zone
of the airbag or the items will be flung against the body.
- Never hold any objects in your hand or on your lap while the vehicle is
- Never transport any objects on the front passenger seat. The objects could
enter into the deployment zone of the airbag during sudden braking or driving
manoeuvres and then be flung dangerously through the vehicle interior if the
airbag is activated.
- Occupants of the front seats and rear outer seats must never carry any people,
pets or objects in the deployment zone between them and the airbags. Please
ensure that this is also adhered to by children and passengers.
The airbag system can only be triggered once. The system will have to be replaced
if the airbags have been triggered.
- Used airbags and any system parts that are affected should be replaced as
soon as possible by new parts that are approved by Volkswagen for the vehicle.
- Repairs and modifications to your vehicle should only be carried out by
a qualified workshop. Qualified workshops have the necessary tools, diagnostic
equipment, repair information and qualified personnel.
- Never use recycled airbag components or components that have been taken
from end-of-life vehicles in your vehicle.
- Never alter any components of the airbag system.
A fine dust may develop when the airbags deploy. This is normal and does not mean
there is a fire in the vehicle.
- The fine dust can cause irritation to the skin and eye membranes as well
as cause breathing difficulties, particularly for those people suffering from
asthma or who have or have had other health problems. In order to reduce breathing
difficulties, get out of the vehicle or open the windows or doors in order to
breathe fresh air.
- If you should come into contact with the dust you should wash your hands
and face with a mild soap and water before eating.
- Do not rub the dust into your eyes or into open wounds.
- Rinse your eyes with water if dust is in your eye.
Solvents cause the surface of the airbags to become porous. In an accident which
triggers the airbag, loose plastic parts can cause serious injury.
- Never clean the dash panel or the airbag covers with cleansers containing
First read and observe the introductory information
and safety warnings
Volkswagen offers two different front passenger front airbag systems:
Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual. Volkswagen repair information
First read and observe the introductory
information and safety warningsвЂ‰Volkswagen Service information and
official Volkswagen repair information can be purchased from the following
Customers in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Central and South America
Please contact a Volkswa ...
Volkswagen Touran Service Manual. Cavity Sealant
Cavity Sealant -D 330 KD1 A2-
Cavity Sealant -D 330 KD2 A1-
Cavity Sealant -D 330 KD1 A2- and Cavity Se ...
2017-2021 © Copyright www.oticasveja.site