Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
в†’ Indicator lamps and fuel gauge вЂ‰
в†’ Filling the tank with petrol or diesel вЂ‰
в†’ Filling the tank with natural gas вЂ‰
в†’ Capacities вЂ‰
в†’ Checks when filling the tank вЂ‰
The fuel cap is located at the rear right-hand side of the vehicle.
Vehicles with a natural gas engine have two fuel tanks: one
for natural gas and one for petrol вЂ‰ .
Additional information and warnings:
- Preparation for working in the engine compartment вЂ‰
An incorrect refuelling procedure and incorrect handling of fuel can cause explosions,
fire and serious burns and injuries.
- Always ensure that the tank cap is closed properly to prevent the evaporation
and spillage of fuel.
- Fuel is highly explosive and inflammable and can cause serious burns and
- Fuel could spill out if when refuelling the engine is not switched off or
the fuel nozzle is not fully inserted into the fuel filler neck. This could
cause fire, explosions and serious burns and injuries.
- When refilling with fuel, the engine , auxiliary heater (вЂ‰ ) and the ignition
must be switched off for safety reasons.
- When refuelling, always switch off your mobile telephone and two-way radio
or any other radio equipment. Electromagnetic radiation could generate sparks
which could in turn start a fire.
- When refuelling, never get into the vehicle. If in exceptional cases you
have to enter the vehicle, close the door and touch a metal object before touching
the pump nozzle again. This will remove any electrostatic charge from you. Failure
to do so could generate a spark. Sparks could cause a fire when refuelling.
- Never refuel or fill up a spare canister near open flames, sparks or glowing
items (e.g. cigarettes).
- Electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic radiation must be avoided when
- Follow all applicable safety information provided by the filling station
- Never spill fuel in the vehicle or in the luggage compartment.
For safety reasons, Volkswagen does not recommend carrying a spare fuel canister
in the vehicle. Fuel could spill out of the full or empty canister and set alight.
This is especially relevant in the event of an accident. This could cause explosions,
fire and injuries.
- If, in exceptional circumstances, you have to transport a spare fuel canister,
please note the following:
- When refilling, never place the canister in or on top of the vehicle,
for example in the luggage compartment or on the tailgate. There may be
an electrostatic charge during refilling causing the fuel fumes to ignite.
- Always place the spare fuel canister on the ground.
- When filling up a spare fuel canister, place the filer nozzle as far
as possible into the filler opening.
- If the spare fuel canister is made of metal, the filler nozzle must
have constant contact with the canister in order to avoid static charging.
- Please follow all legislation concerning the use, storage and transport
of a spare fuel canister.
- Please ensure that the spare fuel canister corresponds with the industry
standard, for example ANSI or ASTM F852-86.
- Remove spilt fuel from the vehicle paint as quickly as possible in order
to avoid damage to the wheel housing, tyres and vehicle paint.
- Filling up with petrol in a vehicle fitted with a diesel engine or refilling
with diesel in vehicle equipped with a petrol engine can cause serious ands
expensive engine damage and damage to the fuel system that is not covered by
any Volkswagen guarantee. Do not under any circumstances start the engine if
you have refilled with the wrong fuel. This also applies even if only a small
amount of the incorrect fuel has been refilled. Use expert assistance! These
fuels can cause serious damage to the fuel system and to the engine itself if
the engine is switched on.
- Vehicles with a diesel engine may under no circumstances
be filled up and driven with petrol, kerosene, heating oil or any other fuels
that have not been clearly approved for diesel engines. Other fuels could cause
extensive and expensive engine damage and damage to the fuel system which will
not be covered by any Volkswagen guarantee.
Fuels can pollute the environment. Any spilt service fluids must be cleaned up
and disposed of properly.
The tank flap cannot be opened manually. Use expert assistance if necessary.
Fig. 166 In the instrument cluster: fuel
gauge for petrol and diesel
Fig. 167 In the instrument cluster: natural
First read and observe the introductory information
and safety warn ...
Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual. Contents
Fig. 201 Contents of the tool kit
First read and observe the introductory information
and safety warningsвЂ‰The contents of the vehicle tool kit depends on the vehicle
equipment level. The following describes the maximum scope.
The vehicle tool kit comprises the following parts вЂ‰
Volkswagen Touran Service Manual. Technical Requirements
The wheel and tire combinations or retrofittings listed in
the individual vehicle tables refer exclusively to original disc
Release of wheel/tire combinations or retrofittings with
disc wheels from the accessories trade is ...
2017-2021 © Copyright www.oticasveja.site