Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
в†’ Handling of wheels and tyres вЂ‰
в†’ Rims вЂ‰
в†’ New wheels and tyres вЂ‰
в†’ Tyre pressure вЂ‰
в†’ Tread depth and wear indicatorsвЂ‰
в†’ Tyre damage вЂ‰
в†’ Spare wheel or temporary spare wheel вЂ‰
в†’ Tyre lettering вЂ‰
в†’ Winter tyres вЂ‰
в†’ Snow chains вЂ‰
Volkswagen recommends that work on tyres and wheels is carried out by a
qualified workshop. They are familiar with the procedure and have the necessary
special tools and spare parts as well as the proper facilities for disposing of
the old tyres. Volkswagen recommends using a Volkswagen dealership for this
Additional information and warnings:
- Braking, stopping and parking вЂ‰
- Tyre monitoring systems вЂ‰
- Cleaning and caring for the vehicle exterior вЂ‰
New wheels or wheels which are old, worn down or damaged cannot provide full
levels of vehicle control and braking power.
- Incorrect handling of wheels and tyres can reduce vehicle safety and
cause accidents and serious injuries.
- All four wheels must be fitted with radial tyres of the same type, size
(rolling circumference) and the same tread pattern.
- New tyres will have to be run in as they will initially have reduced
grip and braking effect. Drive particularly carefully for the first 600 km
in order to prevent accidents and serious injury.
- Check tyre pressures regularly and always keep to the specified tyre
pressure value. If the tyre pressure is too low, the tyre could warm up to
such an extent that the tread may separate and the tyre could burst.
- Never drive with damaged (cuts, cracks or blisters) or worn down tyres.
Driving with these tyres can result in blown tyres, accidents and serious
injuries. Worn down or damaged tyres must be replaced as soon as possible.
- Never exceed the top speed and load permitted for the tyres that are
- The effectiveness of the driver assist systems and brake assist systems
depends on the tyre grip.
- If you notice unusual vibration or if the vehicle pulls to one side when
driving, stop the car immediately and check the wheels and tyres for damage.
- In order to reduce the risk of losing control over the vehicle, of an
accident and of serious injury, never loosen the bolts on rims with bolted
on rim rings.
- Do not use wheels or tyres if their history of use is not known. Used
wheels and tyres could be damaged, even if the damage is not visible.
- Old tyres вЂ“ even if they have not been used вЂ“ can suddenly lose pressure
or burst, especially at high speed, and thus cause accidents and serious
injuries. Avoid using tyres that are more than six years old. If you have no
alternative, drive slowly and with extra care at all times.
For technical reasons, it is not generally possible to use the wheels from
other vehicles. This can also apply to wheels of the same vehicle type. Refer to
the vehicle documentation and ask a Volkswagen dealership if necessary.
Fig. 183 Changing wheels
First read and observe the introductory
information and safety warningsвЂ‰The tyres are the most used and most
underestimated parts of a vehicle. Tyres are very importan ...
Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual. Sun visors
Fig. 78 Sun visor
First read and observe the introductory information
and safety warnings Various positions for the driver and
front passenger sun visors:
Folded down over the windscreen.
Pulled out of the bracket and swung over towards the door .
Make-up mirror ligh ...
Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual. Checklist
To ensure your own safety and the safety of your passengers, observe
the following points in the order given вЂ‰:
Stop the vehicle at a safe distance away
from moving traffic and on a suitable surface .
Switch on the hazard warning lights using
the button .
Apply the handbr ...
2017-2021 © Copyright www.oticasveja.site