Volkswagen Touran Owners Manual: Introduction
This chapter contains information on the following subjects:
→ Warning lamp
→ Opening the tailgate
→ Closing the tailgate
Additional information and warnings:
- Manually closing or opening
Always take care when unlocking, opening or closing the tailgate otherwise you could
cause accidents and serious injuries.
- Therefore the tailgate should only be opened or closed when you are sure
that nobody is in its path.
- Never close the tailgate by pushing it down with your hand on the window.
The rear window could shatter and cause injuries.
- After closing the tailgate, check to make sure that it is closed and locked
correctly so that it does not open while the vehicle is in motion. The closed
tailgate must be flush with the surrounding body panels.
- Always keep the tailgate closed while the vehicle is moving so that no poisonous
exhaust fumes can enter the vehicle interior.
- Never open the tailgate if a load is attached to it, e.g. a rack or luggage
carrier. In the same way, the tailgate cannot be opened if there are objects,
e.g. bicycles, attached to it. The additional load might cause the open tailgate
to close by itself. Support the tailgate as necessary or remove the load from
- Close and lock the tailgate and all vehicle doors when the vehicle is not
in use. Ensure that no one remains in the vehicle.
- Never leave children playing unattended in or around the vehicle, especially
when the tailgate is open. Children could climb into the luggage compartment
and shut the tailgate, thereby trapping themselves inside. Depending on the
time of year, a locked vehicle can be subjected to very high or very low temperatures.
This could cause serious injuries and illness or fatalities, especially for
- Never leave children or people requiring assistance alone in the car. They
could use the vehicle key or central locking button to lock the vehicle and
thereby trap themselves inside.
Before opening the tailgate, please check that there is enough space to open and
close the tailgate, e.g. when towing a trailer or when in a garage.
First read and observe the introductory information
and safety warnings
The tailgate is open o ...
2017-2021 © Copyright www.oticasveja.site